After obtaining her organ diploma with Prof. Gerhard Dickel, St. Michaelis, Hamburg, Kerstin Wolf passed her concert exam with Prof. Wolfgang Zerer with honours.
Upon completing her piano studies with Prof. August Leopolder, Frankfurt/Main, she received her piano diploma from Prof. Marian Migdal at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hamburg.
Kerstin Wolf was awarded scholarships of the Patriotic Society Hamburg and the Butge and Beit Foundations.
She intensified her studies by taking master courses with Prof. Graf, Vienna, and Prof. Wolf, Salzburg, at the Mozarteum in Salzburg.
Since 1995 Kersin Wolf teaches organ at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hamburg. She has worked very closely with violinist Jörg Michael Below for many years.
She regularly performs with the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra, playing piano, celesta or organ at the symphony concerts.
In addition to her performances as soloist as well as with diverse chamber orchestras, Kerstin Wolf also participated in different projects by several orchestras and choirs, for example:
- Duo concert at the Laeiszhalle – Musikhalle Hamburg with trumpeter Alison Balsom, London
- The Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saëns with the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra
- Concerto for organ and orchestra by Genzmer with the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra
- Organ concerto by Poulenc with the young philharmonic orchestra wuppertal, do.gma chamber orchestra and others
- Lewandowski: Psalms (radio recordings for the NDR North German Broadcasting)
- Schmidt: The Book with Seven Seals, Philharmonic Orchestra Kiel conducted by Klauspeter Seibel
- Brahms: Requiem (version for two pianos and timpani with choirs)
- Movie concerts: accompaniment of Charlie Chaplins silent films with the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra conducted by Frank Strobel
- Symphonic Concerts with the Hamburg Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jeffrey Tate, Andrey Boreyko, Hansjörg Albrecht and Luciano di Martino among others
- Philharmonic Concerts with the Hamburg Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Simone Young